Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Club Notes - July 31, 2024

There were 13 of us at today’s meeting.  I had 2 announcements.  First, although I discourage political talk, I did have one non-partisan announcement.  When looking at the sample ballots, I realized that I didn’t know much about any of the candidates. The solution – I went to the vote411.org website.  This is a site maintained by the League of Women Voters.  They send out questions to all the candidates and publish the answers here.  All you have to do is enter your address and it shows you the candidates that will be on your ballet, and their answers.

The other announcement is that we will not have a meeting on Aug. 28th.  The  rec center will be closed again, this time to do a deep cleaning of the rest rooms.  I will remind you as the date gets closer.

Carolyn Grasso was not with us this week because she was scheduled for a hip replacement this week.  Let’s all send her positive healing thoughts.

 

Show and Tell: 


Pat Pipa made 3 kitchen towel hangers.




Louise Stem made 2 pillowcases 



and showed 10 snap bags for another group.


B.J. made 5 snowball blocks.

(We are now half way to having enough for a quilt.  Please keep these coming!)



Mic Pickard made a stack of snowball blocks. 

She also showed what her daughters made starting with 4 wooden shoes.  


There is a Halloween, 


Thanksgiving, 


Christmas, 


and Winter creation..

 


We spent the rest of the afternoon selecting fabric and sewing as usual.  I brought the red, white and blue 5” squares, some miscellaneous fabric pieces, and some of our fabric in large yards.



Thanks to Anne for pressing 2 quilt backs for me.  I hope to get these 2 quilts quilted this week, among other projects.   I am storing up a stack of quilts for Ellen to bind when she returns. :-)

Next week will be a free sew again.  I am attaching a list of the projects we have shown in the past to my email.  If anyone wants a repeat of any of these projects, let me know.

 

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment