Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Club Notes - August 7, 2024

There were 13 of us at today’s meeting.  We put out the 3.5” and the red, white and blue 5” squares, plus some of the donated fabric.  After show and tell I showed 2 easy ways to make interesting placemats from 2.5” fabric strips.  I hope to have finished examples of these next week.

Show and Tell:


Louise Stem made 2 pillowcases.



Diane Saculla showed a beach/shopping tote she made..



Pat Pipa made a potholder shaped like a Christmas ornament.



Mic Pickard showed a reversible mason jar cosie she made for her daughter.


B.J. Herter made 10 more snowball blocks..



Ceal Pedersen made a quilt for an expected great-granddaughter.



I made 2 purses


and 2 table runners for our sale, using donated fabric pieces.




Ellen Hein was back with us this week between travels.  She worked on the binding for a Dora the Explorer baby quilt all during the meeting and handed it in at the end of the afternoon.

 

The rest of the afternoon went as always.  I cut pieces for 3 more purses I hope to finish over the next week.  Everyone browsed through the fabric I brought and took some, so I hope to see the results soon.

Hope to see you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment