Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Club Notes - July 10, 2024

There were 10 of us at today’s meeting, plus 2 guests.

 

Show and Tell: 


 Laura Tomich came with a stack of pillowcases, receiving blankets, and burp clothes. She thanked those who cut the fabric for her, since she has trouble cutting but still wants to contribute by sewing.



Bev Minnerly showed doll clothes she is making for Dolls From the Heart. She also showed the doll bodies that she is sewing together.



Louise Stem made 2 pillowcases and a set of microwave bowls.


Pat Pipa made some leaf potholders and knitted 2 infant hats.


Deb Chapman finished a patriotic table runner, 


quilt square number 3 in her current challenge, in 2 sizes, 


and a zipper bag for her cosmetics.

 
I finished the 2 snap bags I started in the demo a few weeks ago.

One of our donations included a teddy bear with no face so I added an embroidered face.  



Then I made 4 table runners, 2 from fabric leftover from pillowcases and 2 using the music blocks I found.


After show and tell I showed how to make the snowball block. .  I brought the red and blue 5” squares and a bunch of little white squares for today’s “snowball” block challenge.  This is a simple pattern, but for anyone curious, here is a link to a tutorial:  https:/www.scrapish.com/snowball-quilt-block.html.   I challenged everyone to take a few 5” squares and 4 of the little white squares for each 5" square.  I’m hoping that enough snowball blocks come back to make a quilt.  If there are extras I might make a table runner, placemats, or other items.

The white squares I cut ahead went fast, so I spent the afternoon cutting more.   I will bring more next week.

 

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment