Thursday, July 4, 2024

Club Notes - July 3, 2024

 Thanks to Mic for running this week's meeting on short notice.  I kept hoping I would make it, but this cold has really hit me hard.  No, I do not have COVID, I tested negative. It is just a bad cold.  Hopefully, I will be back next week.

Here are the notes Mic sent me:

We had 8 members and one visitor at the meeting.  The visitor’s name is Reggie and she said she would be back next week to join in.

A woman (Florabelle Lichty) dropped a large donation sometime before our meeting and Eric had it all laid out on two tables.  Everyone went through the lot and found items they could use.  I dropped the rest off at Goodwill.  I did set aside a WONDERFUL quilting binder for you that includes plastic templates for each pattern piece!!! 

Show & Tell


Pat Pipa made a tote out of two 9 patch blocks and finished two additional purple 9 patch blocks




Deb Chapman made a patriotic table runner for her home that her husband requested





Mic made placemats from the 9 patch blocks she took home two weeks ago and embroidered napkins that were donated to Busy Hands with some turkeys for her son-in law for Thanksgiving.


Mic has received a large donation and is having an open house for everyone to go through all the fabric at her house from 10 to 12 on Saturday 7-13 and from 12 to 2:00 on Sunday 7-14. There’s 3 bins of beautiful quilting cotton plus lots of tools & supplies.  Her address and phone number are in my email.

That's all for now.  Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment