Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Club Notes - August 3, 2022

 This afternoon was a casual meeting.  There was no demo, so everyone worked on whatever they wanted.  I brought a box of odd fabrics for anyone to make use of and a box of larger pieces of cotton fabric.  Mic brought the bins of large pieces and the fiber fill.  I also brought the wrap N Zap batting for those who want to make microwave bowls for our sale.

I sent in our reservation for a table at the QGOTV Craft Sale on October 8th.  We will sell our items there, with proceeds going into our charity fund.

Show and Tell:


B.J. Herter showed her finished casserole carrier


Charlotte Cecillio made some stuffed dinos, 
a turtle, 

and a tote bag.



Carol Thurston showed a quilt she made.  She spent the afternoon sewing the binding on by hand.








Ceal Pedersen brought back a bag full of stuffed animals that she painted the faces on.  

This time she added mouths to the dinos.





New member Louise Stem showed a wall hanging her friends gave her when she moved here from N.C.  

She also showed a valance she made for her previous home which she plans to use in her new house here.




Donna Rissman was a little frustrated with making a casserole carrier, as the first photo will show.  



However, with the help of B.J. and Audrey, she handed me 2 finished casserole carriers at the end of the afternoon.




Ellen Hein showed 2 quilt tops she made.





Audrey Phillips showed a barn she made on her embroidery machine, and finished sewing together by hand.




I showed 2 soft books I finished 










and the patriotic placemats I finally finished.



***********************************



I was happy to see more fabric taken from our bins to make stuff.   I will continue to bring fabric each week for member use.  I have now caught up with quilting all the quilt tops that have been handed in, with the exception of one large one that I can't handle, so I am ready to accept more.:-))
We haven't done walker bags in a while and we have new members who haven't tried this, so for the next 2 weeks that will be the project,  We have kits already cut for some and I will bring some more fabric if I find some.  This pattern is a large file that takes 3 emails to send, so I will only send it on request.  I will have copies available at next week's meeting.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment