Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Club Notes - August 24, 2022

It was a nice, calm afternoon with 12 ladies attending.  I only brought our 10” squares and the box of started projects.  .Donna Rissman recently received an Accuquilt Go-cutter from someone’s estate, so she brought it in for a lesson.  I brought one of my dies and some scraps of fabric for her to practice with.  I think she left happy with her machine, if a little subdued at the cost of purchasing dies for it.

Show and Tell


Bev Minnerly showed 2 walker bags she finished.

Ceal Pedersen painted the faces on a bunch of stuffed dinosaurs Liz made 


and 2 bunnies(?) Bev made.




She also made a bunch of cats 



and a Cornerstone Hospice quilt.




Carolyn Grasso showed a lap quilt she finished, except for the binding.  (Donna to it to add that finishing touch.)



Deb Chapman showed the last row of an monthly row quilt she has been working on with her quilt chapter.  Now she just needs to put it all together.



Judy Mayer has been in Ohio for the summer and she visited a Menonite craft fair.  She showed a bunch of UFO’s she purchased there, mostly applique’d quilt rows.









Liz Manzione brought more dinosaurs for Ceal to paint.


Audrey Philips showed 2 walker bags she made.



Louise Stem made a set of microwave bowls.



I showed a walker bag, 

a rope bowl I made with macrame yarn and embroidered with a Thanksgiving motif,

and a soft book I finished.

 

Today’s demo was a Fold-It-Hold-It bag.  The instruction for this is attached.  You can also watch a YouTube video showing how to do this at https://youtu.be/rmFaPww-mTg.

Thanks to Audrey for helping me by ironing some of my next jelly roll quilt project.  I spent the afternoon cutting a different jelly roll project.  I am determined to use up all the matched-set jelly rolls I have collected over the past few years.  After that, on to charm packs. 😊

Everyone else was busy working on various projects.  I am happy to report that I came with 2 boxes of 10” squares and left with only one box.  I am looking forward to seeing what comes back.

I don’t have a demo planned for next week, but will be bringing our 8.5” squares for anyone who would like to make something with them.

Hope to see you next week.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment