Thursday, July 28, 2022

Club Notes - July 27, 2022

 We had 16 members in attendance this afternoon, plus 1 guest/potential member.  . I appreciate your understanding of our break last week, just trying to keep our group safe.

I brought only a small amount of our stash today, just enough for current projects.  As many of you know, I am dealing with a severe case of sciatica and am currently limited in how much I can lift.  I will try to bring as much as I can for each future week’s project.  I am also going through our stash and identifying fabric put aside for fidget walker bags or not usable for anything I am aware of.  I hope to bring a box of this type each week to offer them up and eliminate them from storage.  What is left will either be put into dog beds or be donated to Goodwill.

I got a large bag of fabric scraps from Allamanda yesterday.  Mic took these home to process into dog beds.   We did receive some large pieces of fabric from the Villages Quilt Guilt  that are earmarked for charity projects. I think these were unsold fabric from Sew Together.  Laura Tomich matched a bunch of these and took them home to make pillowcases. 

I received the application for a table at The Villages Quilt Guild Fall Craft Sale yesterday.  The price for a table will be $10 and I will submit the application to sell our crafts.    The tables are available only for any member of the guild, so I am applying as a member of the Allamanda Chapter.  The sale will be held at Savannah Recreation Center on October 8th, from 9AM to 2PM.  I will be asking for volunteers to help on the day.  All proceeds will go into our charity fund.   Since this fund is doing well, I am thinking of making a cash donation to one of our charities in November.  We will talk about this at a future meeting.

Show and Tell


Pat Pipa showed microwave bowls



 and a quilt






Diane Placek made some fidget walker bags 





and a quilt top for her church prayer group.



Ceal Pedersen made a patriotic lap quilt.



Donna Rissman made some pin cushions from the fabric left by a friend who recently died. 


 She also made a Gnome.



B.J. brought a patriotic quilt top she made using the dryer sheet base method.  She also broight  a quilt back that she showed a few weeks ago, to show the names of the squares.


Ellen Hein brought back 9 quilts that were in our pipeline that she completed the binding on,







Eileen DiSanto stuffed a cat and

showed a baby quilt she made for a new addition to her family.





Mic Pickard took time to make a new snap-purse for herself.




Liz Manzione made a bunch of stuffed dinosaurs.



Sue Campbell finished a set of 4 Santa placemats.



I showed a Peter Rabit soft book I put together 


and a quilt I made for my niece’s 50th birthday.

 





Today’s demo was on how to make a casserole carrier for the many potlucks we seem to have here in The Villages.  I had a couple cut out for those who were willing to make one for our sale in October and all those kits were taken.  I will send out the instructions in a separate email.

It looked like a group at a back table were working on stuffed toys for the rest of the afternoon.

I had to leave early for a doctor’s appointment, so many thanks to Mic for putting everything away and cleaning up.  

Next week I had us scheduled to continue making microwave bowls and baked potato zapper bags, because there seemed to be interest in continuing these.   If you want to make these for yourselves or as gifts, I will set a price for the Wrap N Zap batting to reimburse the charity fund.  If you want to make some for our October sale, the batting will be available for use.

 I think that’s all  for now.  Hope to see you next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment