Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Club Notes - August 10, 2022

Today we concentrated on making walker bags for Helpertunity.  We have a box of pre-cut kits to make these, plus Mic and I each brought large pieces of fabric that could be used for these or other projects. I gave a brief demo on how these walker bags are put together and why they are designed the way they are.

Since this is new for some of our recent members, I have made this a 2 week project.  That way we can address any questions next week.

Show and Tell


Mic Pickard showed a walker bag she made by using several different fabrics for the base instead of just one. As long as the base measures 16” x 21”, we can piece fabric if we don’t have large enough pieces.



Pat Pipa made a baby bib on her embroidery machine for a grandchild on the way.


She also showed a microwave bowl for our sale.



Bev Minnerly made 2 stuffed dolls that she handed off to Ceal for face painting.


Ceal Pedersen showed a Cornerstone Hospice quilt top she made.  She found the backing in our stash a few weeks ago and I gave her the batting today, so she is going to finish it.



Ceal also showed a bag full of stuffed toys, some that she made and some that she took to paint faces on.





Eileen DiSanto made a bunch of microwave bowls for her sister to give as gifts.





I showed a bunch of phone cases with a clear pocket in the back for an ID.  These are for our October sale. 




 I also showed a quilt top I made using all the red 10” squares in our stash, plus some gray on white I had in my stash.

 

Next week we will bring the same supplies as we did this week.  If you need anything else to work with, please email me and I will try to bring what you need.

 

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment