Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Club Notes - August 17, 2022

We had 14 ladies at the rec center this afternoon, including one new member.  I brought our 6.5 inch squares, the Wrap N Zap, and 2 backing fabrics for a challenge.  Anne Knoff and Donna Rissman took the Halloween themed backing to make a coordinated quilt top.  Louise Stem cut some Wrap N Zap to make microwave bowls for our sale.  Ceal Pederson and Carolyn Grasso were seen laying out a purple quilt top from our 6.5 inch squares.  I helped Audrey Phillips work on a walker bag.  Other ladies sorted through the latest fabric donations or worked on various other projects. 

Show and Tell:



Mic Pickard made some microwave bowls and 3 walker bags.  


She had a little trouble with the walker bag instructions, but I was able to help her with the fix.




Ceal Pedersen showed a block she made using several 6.5 inch squares as the basis.  


She also brought in her extensive stash of toy patterns. 



 I will be scanning these so they will be available for anyone to try.



Bev Minnerly turned in 3 walker bags 



and showed a dress she made for a new niece.



Donna Rissman showed 2 wall hangings and gave a short demo on a new way to do binding. She called it modern binding and said there is a YouTube on it.



Louise Stem showed a wall hanging she made


 and said, as proof her sewing machine is now unpacked and set up, she is working on microwave bowls.


Liz Manzione made a bunch of dinosaurs in fleece.



Lynn DelGado showed 2 neckerchiefs she made for her granddaughter’s scout troup. 

 
She had to scan and digitize the troupe logo for embroidery.





Donna Rissman finished the binding on several quilts that were in our pipeline.  I have tried to identify the person who made each quilt top on the blog.

Audrey Phillips made thisquilt top from our donation stash.
Judy Mayer turned in this quilt top.

I couldn't find this one, but I think Ellen Hein may have done this one.  If I am wrong, please let me know.


This is an older quilt top that was donated.  It had some problems so Ceal Pedersen replaced several blocks to fix it.


I put this one together.

Mary Ellen Boutin made this top.








I showed a walker bag I made.



I also am working on using the many jelly rolls I have accumulated and showed a quilt top I made using 30 strips from 2 jelly rolls.



Carolyn Grasso came in a little late and showed a quilt top she made from our donation stash.




Next week I will do a demo on a little draw string bag pattern.  I used 10” squares to make a little gift bag, but this is the smallest possible.  This pattern can be made with 2 squares of any larger size. 

I will also bring some other pre-cut squares for your selection.  I haven’t decided what size yet.   If you need anything else, please email me before next Wednesday.

 

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment