Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Club Notes - Aug 31, 2022

We didn’t have any demo scheduled for this afternoon, so it was mostly free sew.  I brought our 8.5” and 10” squares plus a box with small matched pieces.  I also brought a bin of unsorted fabric donations and was very happy for the help sorting them by size.  The entire bin got sorted by the end of the meeting, so I will be able to cut them into appropriate size squares in my spare time (😊)

We also got 2 garbage bags full of fabric which we looked through at the end of the meeting.  I don’t know where they came from, but there were several vintage quilt tops in the bags.  I will have to decide how to proceed with finishing them.

There were 14 ladies attending this week, including one new member. Several ladies still had questions about how to make walker bags so Mic gave a separate lesson after show and tell/

Show and Tell”


Bev Minnerly showed a walker bag she made.



Judy Mayer made a bunch of zipper bags,


Donna Rissman showed a quilt she made, I quilted and she finished the binding for.







Louise Stem finished a set of microwave bowls 




and showed a quilt her friends in SC made for her first husband before he passed.


Ceal Pedersen painted the faces for the latest match of dinos handed in last week.

B.J. Herter showed a gnome she made.



Mic Pickard made a set of microwave bowls and showed the walker bags she finished.





Ellen Hein showed 2 quilt tops she made.



I showed my latest jelly-roll quilt top.

 

 

After the meeting Mic and I delivered 15 walker bags to Helpertunity.  We also dropped off 25 dinos and 16 cats to the Villages Hospital Auxiliary,  I was concerned that we might have been giving them too much but they said they were hoping for a new supply.

 

As most of you know, we have a table at the October 8th QGOTV craft sale to sell some of our items. Proceeds will go to our charity fund.  We could use a couple more volunteers to help out at the sale  If you can spare  an hour or 2 to help out, it would be greatly appreciated.  The sale runs from 9AM to 2PM on Oct 8th.  Setup is 7:30AM-9AM and packup is after 2PM.  It would be helpful if anyone could help for any 2 hour shift in between as well – 8:30am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm.  Please let me know if you can help.

 

I am also considering paying for a 2nd table since there are some available.  This would cost only $10 and would allow us to display some quilts for sale.  I will discuss this at our next meeting.

 

Next week I will show how to make a simple clutch purse that can be as elegant as the fabric you choose.  Hope to see you next week.

 

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment