Saturday, April 11, 2020

Member Activity - April 11, 2020

I have heard from a few of you, telling me how you are spending your time at home. Some you you have even sent photos.

Laura Tomich:   finished all the materials I had to make zipper bags, total 5.  I have made about 10 or 12 masks for family and friends who have contracted the virus, shopped for them and now I am going to paint some of my outdoor frogs that need to be refurbished out by my pond and waterfall.
Maybe then I will think about making a pool robe or cover up if we ever get to go back to the pool.
Still being positive and have not had any signs or symptoms of virus for which I thank God.  Hope the same goes for the Sewing & More Group.

Brenda Severa:  staying home but really missing my kids/grandkids.  We didn't get any visitors this year with this virus.  My husband helped me sort through all my fabric.  I don't know how this much fabric got down here but I guess a bin or two over the last 8 years really adds up plus what I bought down here.  He folded everything on 6.5" ruler, I sorted and got two rows of fabric in each bin with folded side up so I can see all the fabric.  Labeled each bin and did take a picture of each open bin.
1) I finished one 2009 Hoop Sister embroidered quilt.  All embroidery was done back then but had to do front and back sashing to put blocks together.  I hand stitched all the backing strips.  Not proud of it but it is done.
2)  Did face masks for us and for kids and families.
3)   Finished a simple serger class bag with zipper and flange but ruined 2 zippers trying to do with serger.  Took it apart and finished on sewing machine minus flange that too much got cut off with serger and no more fabric as was a kit.  It is DONE.
4)  Put binding on 3 fall table runners. Have one more tablerunner that needs to be quilted with edge to edge and binding put on (haven't found the binding yet).  Hope to quilt today.
5)  Cut binding for my first quilt ever from 1999--queen size.  Sent out to long armer but working too many hours and didn't get back to for several years but no binding.  Figured I would come across but never did.  Plain navy binding will have to do.  
6)  Embroidered an Easter pillow wrap.
7) Made 7 book pillows for charity.  Kindergarten classes in Fruitland Park and Wildwood.
I have been sewing couple times a week with 10 year old grand daughter on Kid Chat.  So glad she shares my love of sewing.  She is working on her third quilt (second string quilt).  She is my pride and joy!!  She has my mom's old Kenmore machine that sews beautiful.

 







 






 








 

 




   







 











Lu Karatzas: has been making masks just for me and my husband and a few neighbors.

EIleen DiSanto:  I am helping a neighbor sewing face masks for her mother who is a surgeon at the Villages Hosp.  I've already given 2 away to my friends.

Charlotte Cecilio: I have also been making masks for her family.  Three of them are R.N.s and working around the clock. We pray that everyone stays well and safe.

Lynn Kluczynski:  I have made 96 masks that were mailed to 27 people back in Ohio. I used Jenny Doan's pattern. It has taken me all week.

I gave Ellen Hein and Sue Campbell: 24 of the white pillowcases each.  Sue reported that she has finished putting cuffs on her batch.
I put cuffs on 12 the other day.  Yesterday I switched to sorting through a box of fabric donations, separating out WOF pieces that are wide enough for cuffs and cutting the smaller pieces into squares 3.5", 4", 5", 6.5", 8" or 10". (Those are the sizes of the dies I have for my Go Cutter).  


Today I needed something different, so I made a set of Matryoshka Nesting Bags on my embroidery machine.

 









Tomorrow I'll get back to putting cuffs on some more pillowcases.

Anyone else want to tell us what you've been up to?  We'd all like to hear what is keeping you occupied and that you are doing ok.

Stay Safe.

Lois Rose, Sewing N More Club Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment