Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Club Notes - April 1, 2020

I hope you all are staying safe.   As of Thursday night the official order from Gov. DeSantis to stay indoors goes into effect.  It will be at least another month before this situation gets any better,but I will continue to communicate with you and let you know what is going on.

I've heard from several more of our members regarding the projects that are keeping them busy. 

Lynn Kluczynski has been very busy.  She made 100 lined drawstring bags for Beads of Courage, and 6 Veteran's Hospice quilts.

























In addition to the duffel bags and quilts she has been working on, Ellen Hein dropped off 20 masks at Joanne's.  I've seen on Facebook that Suzanne Browne has also been busy making lots of masks.

B.J. Herter made 3 dinosaurs.
Laura Tomich made a bunch of zipper bags for the Youth Ranch kids.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Charlotte Cecilio made an Honor Flight quilt top.  Here's the photo:


On Wednesday I stopped by Anne Knoff's house and picked up 6 completed quilts (made by members of Khaki Quilters), a bag full of zipper bags (made by her friend Cindy), a couple of dinosaurs(the ones BJ made), and a bunch of dog bed scraps.

Mic Pickard has finished the embroidered name tags for the Sheriff's Youth Ranch graduates.  We were short 2 pillowcases for the grads, so I made the last two.  We now have everything to give each graduated a duffel bag, a quilt, 2 pillowcases, and 2 zipper bags.  The extra zipper bags and smaller quilts we've accumulated will also be given to the Youth Ranch.  Ellen and I will get together within the next couple of days to fill the duffel bags and get them to Skip Bryan for delivery to the Ranch. Ellen and I have been in contact as we worked to finish the quilts over the past month.  By limiting the effort to just the 2 of us I hope to keep the social-distancing effort. 

I will update the previous blog post with photos of the quilts I just received and the 32 pillowcases going to the graduates.  Please continue to write to me and tell me what you have been doing while we have to stay home and stay away from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment