Sunday, April 19, 2020

Making Masks? Need Fabric?

For the past week I have been going through boxes and bags of donated fabric scraps - ironing, sorting and cutting scraps into squares for future charity quilts  There are a lot of pieces that are large enough to make one or more face masks.  If you are still making masks and are running out fabric, please let me know and I will give you some.  I can drop a bag off by your front door or, if you let me know when you are coming, I can leave a bag by my front door with your name on it. (I don't have any elastic or I'd make some myself))

I have accumulated a large number of cut blocks - 3.5" 4", 4.5", 5", 6.5", 8" and 10".  I truly believe, without exaggeration, that we have enough to make a hundred quilts, and I still have more boxes to go through.  I have been sorting everything by type of fabric and size.  In addition to the fabric I am cutting into quilt squares, I have put aside sturdier fabrics for dog bed sleeves, draw-string backpacks, and zipper bags, and wide WOF cottons for cuffs on the pillowcases for summer camp.  With the flimsy fabrics and scraps from cutting, I have already filled 5 dog beds. Having to stay home has given me a great opportunity to catch up, even though I am still finding anonymous  bags of donated fabric by my front door.

As before, I'd like to hear what you have been up to and to know you are safe and well.  If you haven't already, drop me a note directly to let me know you are OK.

Lois Rose, Sewing N More Club Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment