Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Club Notes - Oct 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!  For those who missed today's meeting, you missed some good cookies and cupcakes that someone brought in.

Last week we received several thank you notes.  One was from Cornerstone Hospice for the veteran's quilts we have sent.  A second was from the Ocala Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center for the last donation of pillowcases, quilts, small bags, duffel bags, and miscellaneous toiletry items.  But the one that surprised me was an envelope with several individual thank you cards from some of the boys at the Sheriff's Youth Ranch, for the quilts we sent.

Show and Tell:


Brenda Severa showed a baby blanket she made for her new great-grand daughter.










Mic Pickard was busy last week.  She showed a set of 12 place mats for the Youth Ranch, 


a table runner, 

coasters using her new favorite stitch around the edge.









and name tags she made with her new sewing machine.





Sue Campbell made a set of 12 place mats for the Youth Ranch.


Charlotte Cecilio also made a set of 12 place mats (She fooled me because she sent me a photo of them yesterday and I thought she wasn't coming to the meeting today.  She snuck in when I wasn't looking. )


Diane Placek showed a quilt square she made as part of a block a week challenge she is participating in. 

Debbie Ardman made 2 cog beds with cute doggie fabric.


Donna Rissman made a Christmas Wall Hanging.

 Alice Meunier showed several items she made at a Kimberbell Embroidery class at Sharky's.























Carol RIggs shared photos of a set of fabric "paper" dolls that a friend has for sale.


Diana Gosselin made a Christmas quilt a few weeks ago and I finally quilted it last week.  This is going to the Panhandle collection.



***********************




At the end of show and tell Pat Pipa did a quick demo on how to make a fabric pumpkin.  These are basically large yo-yos.

I then gave a demo on how to make a small fabric cornucopia.  The pattern, with my hand-written corrections, is attached to my email.  You can make larger versions of this if you like as well.   I saw several of these completed before the end of today's meeting.

While some ladies were working on the cornucopias, several others sorted through a couple of our boxes of fabric scraps and Diana Gosselin cut up much of the bolt of fabric we recently got for pillowcases.   Sue Campbell and I pinned 2 quilts to get them ready for quilting.  I'm hoping to get these done in time to give them to Lynn Klucynski for delivery to the Panhandle.

Next week Lu Karatzas is on the schedule to demo fabric postcards.  I will send more info when I get it from her.

See you in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment