Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Club Notes - Oct. 3, 2018

We had a small group today, but lots of activity.
  Announcements:

Last week I delivered 52 pillowcases to The Quilting Pallet for the Ryan's Case challenge.  We were nowhere near winning the prize for the most pillowcases.  A group from Leesburg handed in 302!

I also gave the 2 quilts with vintage fabric quilt tops to the VHA on Tuesday.  They will be raffled off at the Hoedown to raise funds for the VHA's medical equipment for Villagers.

Today I handed 9 quilts, 13 pillowcases, 17 duffel bags, plus an assortment of supply items to Bev Minnerly, fo delivery to the Sheriff's Boys Ranch.  If you haven't seen the article in the paper, the ranch is no longer just for boys.  They have established space to handle girls as well so siblings can stay together at the ranch.

Last week I found out that the volunteers at the front desk of The Villages Hospital used to have a supply of stuffed animals to give to little kids coming into the hospital.  They have been out of them for quite a while, so I proposed that we give the dolls and elephants we made to them.  Everyone at today's meeting agreed.  I'd like to continue this as our destination for any stuffed toys we make.

Show and Tell:


Eileen DiSanto was the only one to sign up for show and tell this week. She brought in 2 lovely pillowcases.



I made up for the lack of other show and tell.  I finished a bunch of easy, quick projects this week - pillowcases for my husband and myself, a walker bag, a sample of the tunic that will be next week's project, and 2 styles of eyeglass cases for today's demo.









BTW, I purposely made my tunic oversized as a loose pool cover-up.  The pattern allows for sizes from 10 to 24.









******************

Next week Pat Pipa will run the meeting and Bev Minnerly will show you how to make the tunic.  I will send the instructions in a separate email.  See you in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment