Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Club Notes - Oct 17, 2018

This afternoon we took on a project to supply the Sheriff's Youth Ranch with place mats for each cottage's family dinner.  Each cottage has 10 kids and a parent couple and there are 6 cottages at Live Oaks.   One of these cottages is for girls, ,the rest are all boys.   So our initial goal is to make 6 coordinated sets of 12 place mats, for a total of 72 place mats.  

Once we get past that, there are 3 other youth ranches with an average of 50 boys and 40 girls each (plus the parent couples).  I brought in LOTS of donated fabric and asked each person to either select enough to make 12 place mats in a similar design, or team with someone else to make 6 each.  I am happy to report that I went home with 2 boxes of fabric less than what I brought in. I am looking forward to seeing what comes back in a few weeks.  I'd like to be able to deliver these before Thanksgiving, so it would be great to have then all in by Nov 14th.

If you need more fabric to complete this, please let me know what color you are looking for and I will bring in a box of that color on Oct 31 or Nov 7th, depending on when you will be there.

Show and Tell:

Pat Pipa showed items she made for Busy Hands - 2 crocheted hats and 4 clothing protectors








.








Mic Pickard made a purse and a stack of pillow cases



Bev Minnerly showed a doll dress she made and a Halloween Cat wall hanging.






She also showed a quilt made by Diane Placek (who couldn't join us today..


.
Carol Thurston completed a lovely lap quilt



Eileen DiSanto made some microwave bowl buddies, some mug rug gifts,

and a quilt for her great-great niece


a



Alice Munier made 2 Halloween pillow covers.



Linda Parr showed a ditty bag she made in a class learning how to add zippers.


Donna Rissman announced that this is "Flash Demo Wednesday", so she did a flash demo on how to make a candy corn mug rug.






 I showed 3 quilts I finished.  The first was a quilt top Pat Pipa made and I quilted.



The second was from a Halloween panel rejected by Busy Hands that I made into a quick quilt.

 The third was from a set of blocks I pulled from our stash and organized into a quilt.



*******************
Next week is our Halloween Pot-luck.  Costumes optional.  Bring a dish to share if you can, but there is always plenty of food, so don't worry if you can't.   I will supply paper plates, plastic-ware, etc. and ice tea.  I will send out a separate reminder a few days.  Hope you can join us for food, fun games and prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment