Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Club Notes - March 6, 2024

A great group of 16 ladies, including one new member, participated in this afternoon’s activities.  I was going to run the 50-50 drawing, but things got very hectic as part 2 of our huge fabric donation arrived just about 1PM.   This was as large as last week’s and contained mostly solid color fabrics.  Anne Knoff did a great job transferring the yardage from the paper shopping bags into boxes and sturdier bags I brought,  A few ladies took some of the fabric for charity projects.  Mic and I put most of it into storage.  We will bring it out, a little at a time, starting in the spring.

Show and Tell:


Carolyn Grasso contributed several 9-patch blocks.


Mary Ellen made some 9-patch blocks and some dryer sheet blocks.


Pat Pipa made 3 pillow cases.



Diane Placek showed a quilt she made for a student taking lessons at her church.


Ellen Hein made a zipper bag to match one of the duffle bags she is making for the Youth Ranch graduates.


She also showed the quilts that she completed the binding on this week.


These 2 quilts with sports fabric were turned in by Anne Knoff.








Ellen made these 2 fleece blankets.




I made this Egyptian themed quilt.




This is the red 9-patch quilt that so many ladies contributed to.  I sewed it together with the white  sashings and quilted it.  Ellen added the binding.

Front with pockets


I showed an “Alice in Wonderland" fabric duffle bag I made,  This was fabric I found in the shop in Deland during last year’s All Florida Shop Hop. 

The pattern was above my comfort level, which is why it took me a year to get the courage to work on it, but I am very proud of the result.

Back with pocket and Trolley strap


During the afternoon we had 2 more show and tells.


First, Lynn Delgado made one of the duffle bags that we are giving to the Sheriffs' Youth Ranch grads.






A little later I caught Candy Dodge with a turtle zipper bag she made. So cute!



Today I showed how 3 heart shaped pieces of fabric can be turned into a 3-leaf clover to make a St Patrick’s Day item.  You can make a table runner, a hot pad, a mug rug, or anything else you want with this simple applique design.  Several ladies asked for the pattern that I sent out the picture from, so I will send that out in a separate email.

After the meeting I gave Mic several bags of items to be donated to the Christian Care Center in
Leesburg, some dog beds, and some larger quilts to go to the Shepherd’s Lighthouse.   I brought pillowcases for Case for Smiles and Walker Bags for Helpertunity to the Sewing Studio last week.

Next week Mic will be running the meeting, and the project will be stuffed toys.  There are many patterns for these in a box in the closet.  You can also continue to make 9-patch and dryer sheet blocks, if that is what you enjoy.   For those who like hand sewing, there are always pocket hearts to sew.   As I mentioned in a prior email, my back surgery is on Friday, so I will be unable to attend meetings for a few weeks.  Several ladies have requested updates so I will send an email over the weekend. 

Enjoy your week and come out to give Mic your support next week.

 

Lois



No comments:

Post a Comment