Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Club Notes - February 28, 2024

We had a small group of 9 ladies today.  They were the lucky ones to see a very large fabric donation come in. A couple who ran a quilt shop somewhere north contacted me to ask if we take donations.   They closed the shop and wanted to donate the remaining fabric .   Today they came with the prints, mostly yardage, and some fat quarters and 1 yard pieces.  It was overwhelming, but we managed to sort out the Christmas fabrics and smaller pieces. The yardage is sorted somewhat by color/theme. Lynn Delgado helped me put the bags of large pieces into storage. I will bring them back a little at a time in the Spring. 

This couple said they have more and will probably bring the solid fabrics next week.  It promises to be a lot as well. She said something about some marble fabric that she still has to go through, so we may be in for even more.

 Show and Tell:


Pat Pipa showed a 9-patch block and some dryer sheet strip blocks.





Bev Minnerly made some walker bags.


 and a tote.




Ellen Hein made 6 more fleece blankets.

 

















During the meeting she also finished the binding on one of the quilts I gave her last week.


With the addition of a stack of 9-patch blocks Laura Paulk dropped of at my house before she headed north, I was able to lay out a green quilt.  I plan to sew it together with white sashing as soon as I can.

In the donations received today there were also several baby quilt tops and pillowcases.  We separated the pillowcases into children’s and adult’s so we can donate them appropriately.

I dropped off a bag of pillowcases for Case for Smiles (including 9 from today’s donation), and a bag of walker bags for Helpertunity on my way home. 

I’m not sure yet what next week’s agenda will be.  I let you know in a future note.

Have a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment