Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31st Club Notes


Demo of the Week
Our traveling friends continue to return. Welcome back Kin Hart and Lu Karatxas.  It's so good to have old friends back in town.

The Daily Sun reporter who was here last week, Ciara Varone,  came again for a follow-up interview this week.  Last week she said she was doing an article on all the Villages Sewing groups, but this week she wanted to concentrate on our group. She said she would let me know when the article is scheduled to run.
Show & Tell
Last week's mesh bag project was a success.  Pat Pipa and I brought in small mesh bags to show and Kathy Jones brought in an extra large one.  Kathy's will be great for packing clothes for travel.















Donna Rissman had lots to show.  First she showed 2 cute snap bags she made and the Candy Corn Cutie she will be demoing in a few weeks.  Then she showed a beautiful American Flag quilt top she made for a fundraiser event.




Kathy Nichols made an iron caddy, but not according to the pattern we worked on a few weeks ago  She found a mat in the Goodwill store that had the right backing and transformed it into a caddy for her small iron.  i love the inventiveness of our members.







Jane Swafford made a cute Mickey Mouse pillow case.
Pat Pipa and Jane Swafford both brought in more blocks for our charity quilt.  I can't wait to put this together.







I made another iron caddy and an embroidered caddy for my mini iron, using a travel iron pattern.








After show & tell I did a brief demo of my Accuquilt Go Cutter so anyone who had not cut the squares for this week's project could use it to speed up the cutting.  A couple of ladies got brave and tried it and were very happy with the results.  I plan to bring it in again on charity project day so we can even off some blocks.
Then Donna Rissman proceeded to give her excellent demo on how to make the prarie point wreath wall hanging, with NO HAND SEWING!  Her use of glue makes it easy to do without hand sewing or pins.  I expect to see a few of these finished wreaths come back next week.
Special Thanks to the ladies who stayed and helped clean up at the end of the meeting.  You make my life easier and I really want you to know how much I appreciate your efforts.
I will send another email later in the week when I have info for next week's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment