Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 17th Club Notes

Thanks for all the help yesterday sorting the boxes of donated supplies, making drier sheet quilt blocks, and fidget quilts.   I got the impression that everyone really enjoyed this type of meeting, so I've decided to put it on the schedule on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  That will give us one week each month that we don't have to come up with a new project for and maybe we can whittle down the amount of stuff we have while at the same time doing some good. 
I'm happy to say I brought home 32 completed quilt blocks. Figuring 8 across and and 7 down for a lap quilt (plus sashing added), I'm thinking we only need  24more.  If we get more than that the quilt can be bigger.  The quilt doesn't have to be finished until January, so we have plenty of time to get it done.
Show and Tell:

 Pat Pipa made a fidget quilt and a set of pillow cases this week.












Bev Minnerly showed another stack of doll clothes for Giving Dolls, and 2 shopping bags she made to replace ones she lost.








Eileen DiSanto made 2 sets of pillowcases for the shelter.










Kathy Jones finished her iron caddy and also made a pillow from her fractured art work.    Both came out great.











BJ Herter showed a wall hanging she made for her daughter's 50th birthday!










I showed a space shuttle themed lap quilt I finished for my husband.













Tomorrow afternoon I am going to deliver 10 fidget quilts to the Bayview Nursing Center in Eustis.  I have been debating about contacting the area nursing homes again to see if they need any, but have decided not to do so until our supply gets up to about 50.  I currently have about 20.  The last time I sent letters out we got more requests than I had on hand, so I don't want that to happen again.  For now I will just try to fill requests that come to me instead of me reaching out to them.

I will also be making deliveries to the Marion County Animal Shelter and the Ocala Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Center, probably on Saturday.  Thank you all for the donations.

I have been listening to feedback from club members and now that we have our permanent schedule approved by the recreation department, I have revised my notes on the club operation guidelines.  I've attached the updated version to my email.   Please, if you have any comments or concerns, please let me know, either in person or by email.  This is OUR club, not mine.  I hope to lead and guide, but this is not a dictatorship.  I welcome your feedback always.

Lois Rose,
Sewing N More Club Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment