Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Club Notes - August 21, 2024

We had a good turnout of 16 ladies today. I brought the 1 yd cuts, the bin of fat quarters and a box of small pieces from our donated fabrics.  I also brought the batting scraps, insulbright, and fusible fleece for today’s project.  When I wasn’t looking, a lady brought in 4-5 bags of fabric, including many finished and partially done items. We spent some time this afternoon sorting through this..

 Show and Tell: 


Laura Tomich came in and showed a table topper and some decorative mats for her daughter-in-law.




Ceal Pedersen showed a couple of stuffed toys that she painted the faces on.




Donna Rissman was given a challenge by a friend to do something with a bunch of men’s ties.  She turned them into a lovely quilt.


She also brought a delicious chocolate/oreo cake, shaped like a turtle, for us to enjoy.



B.J. Herter made 20 more snowball blocks 


and 9 dinosaurs, needing stuffing.




Diane Placek showed 2 pillowcases she made for her husband.

 (He wasn’t impressed with the fabric of the first one, even though it matched their bedroom, so she made the 2nd one more “masculine”.)


I worked on a few small projects this week.  I made 4 tote bags using political blocks from donated fabric, 2 Republican and 2 Democrat.  


 There were 4 gingerbread house squares left over from a quilt I made a few years ago, so I turned them into hot pads.  


Lastly, I made 4 mug rugs using an Alice in Wonderland “drink me” motif.

Audrey Philips came in late and handed in a walker bag. I didn't get a picture .

***********

Today I showed how to make “Hot Fingers”.  These are little potholders, that just fit on your fingers to grab a hot pot handle, or, with a set of 2, hold either side of a pot.  The instructions are attached.   I invited anyone who wished to make some to cut some fabric, Insul-bright, and batting or fusible fleece, to make some of these for our sale in October.

There will be no meeting next week.  El Santiago rec center will be closed so they can do some maintenance on the rest rooms.  I hope to see you in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment