Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Club Notes - Aug 14, 2024

We were a smaller group today; only 9 of us.  I think the rain may have played into some decisions. It actually poured from about 1PM to 1:15, then was fine for the rest of the afternoon.

October is going to be a busy month. I announced that I submitted applications for the Villages Craft Sale on Oct 5th and the QGOTV Craft Sale on Oct 19th.  Tables at the Villages Craft Sale are awarded via a drawing, so we won’t know for sure about that until notifications go out on Sept 19th.  The QGOTV sale is usually first come first served, so I have more confidence that we will get a table there.

The Giving Showcase is scheduled the following week, on Oct 26th. That means we potentially have 3 events on Saturdays in October that we need a few volunteers to help with. I will be talking about this more as the dates get closer.

Today I brought a box of 1 yd cuts and some of our 4-8 yd pieces.  I also put out the 3.5” squares for anyone to use.

 

Show and Tell:


Mic Pickard showed some of the snowball blocks she has finished.



Audrey Philips came with 3 walker bags.






I made 2 purses, 


2 placemats,


 a table runner 


and a hot pad.




Ellen Hein showed 9 quilts that she completed the binding on. She made the tops on 7 of them.  As usual, I did the quilting on these, then handed them back to Ellen for binding.
















I couldn’t find a record of the last 2, so I think they came from Allamanda. 

  She worked on the binding for two more during the meeting and handed them in at the end of the afternoon.

 

We all left before the next storms could come in.   This is what summer in Florida is like.

Hope to see you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment