Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Club Notes - June 5, 2024

We were a very small group of 6 ladies this afternoon.   I guess school is out and grandchildren are in town.  I know quite a few of our members have also gone north for the summer. 

Show and Tell: (https://sewingn-more.blogspot.com/)


A few weeks ago I dropped off some flannel at Laura Tomich’s house.  Today I found a bag she left us with 5 receiving blankets and 7 burp clothes.


Pat Pipa crocheted 2 baby hats.  We had a discussion regarding the size, since they appeared a little larger than the sample we had. She used a pattern for newborns. Mic will show them to the Leesburg nurse to see if the size is ok.


Eileen DiSanto made several more dryer sheet blocks for the quilt she is making.


Mic Pickard made a butterfly potholder, using her Cricket cutter.  She also sewed up the animals that were stuffed last week.


I showed a quilt top I just finished.


Last week I handed off a pile of quilts to Ellen for binding.  She brought them all back today.

These first 3 I put together from the 9-patch blocks that have been handed in.



Deb Chapman made this one from various pieces she found in our donations.



I found a long piece of fabric and turned it into 3 easy quilts like this one.



Mary Ellen Boutin handed this one in.


I believe the next two were quilt tops given to me at Allamanda.


Ellen also finished 3 burp clothes.

 

Next week is our Spring/Summer potluck. I hope more of you who are still in town will be able to make it.  Bring a dish to share if you can, something to drink, and 25 pennies, buttons or whatever to mark your bingo cards.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment