Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Club Notes - June 19, 2024

There were 14 of us at today’s meeting. I put out a box of baby fabric that’s been sitting around, the big blocks, the 3.5” and 4.5” squares, and some of the yardage Mic and I pulled out of storage.  I’m hoping some of this went home with some of you and some nice stuff comes back.

Show and Tell:


Bev Minnerly came with 6 more walker bags.  I added these to 9 that were in the car and dropped them off for Helpertunity on my way home.





Pat Pipa took home a bunch of purple squares a few weeks ago and came back with a quilt.



Diane Saculla is back with us and showed a large beach bag she made.



Ernestine Vawter found a deal on some fabric and made a bunch of pillowcases, with one side dogs and the other side cats.  She plans to give these away to friends who have grandchildren.





Ellen Hein brought some receiving blankets and  burp pads for Leesburg Hospital 





and a stack of flannel baby quilts that finished.




She is heading north for the summer so this is the last set of quilts she will be finishing until September.  I will still accept quilt tops , but they may not get finished until the fall.

 





















Ellen also made a couple of infant hats out of a knit fabric. We will give them to Leesburg hospital to see if these can be an alternative to the knitted ones.

 After show and tell I showed how to use a 60-degree triangle to cut border fabric and rearrange the pieces to make a table runner.  I was able to cut enough to make 3 runners for our fall sale.  Now to find the time to finish these runners.

 

If anyone has a request for next week, let me know.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment