Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Club Notes - September 27, 2023

We had 11 members attend today.  I brought the wrap N zap for anyone who wanted to make microwave bowls and batting scraps for those who might want to make something else.  We got another fabric donation yesterday.  It contained mostly pre-cut squares, but there were also a few larger pieces. I also brought out the boxes of 3.4” squares in case anyone wanted to make some 9-patch blocks.

There were a few announcements today. First, we no longer have a liaison with the 4-H sewing club, so we may not receive as much fabric from their leftovers as we had in the past.  Most other sewing clubs in The Villages know us however, so I am sure we will still get fabric from other sources.

Second, we now have a new contact with the Compassionate Care Hospice.  I spoke to her yesterday and she sent me their crafter wish list.  See attached.

Next, we now have a new way of interacting with the Sheriff’s’ Youth Ranch. Skip Bryan has retired as The Villages Friends of Sheriffs’ Youth Ranch. There is another person who has stepped up to coordinate events, but our donations will now go directly to the ranch via the Director of Development, Wayne Witczak.  He makes frequent visits to The Villages and will pick up our donations whenever I let him know we have some.  He stopped by my house this morning to pick up some zipper bags and drawstring backpacks.  These will be used for the summer camp kids.  These are the current needs, but he will let me know if there is anything else we can make for them.

Show and Tell:


Deb Chapman brought a quilt top from The Bees 


and also showed the placemat she is almost done with.


Ceal Pederesen handed in some 9-patch  squares and showed the doll she got from one of our donations and completed.  She made the clothes, added yarn hair, painted the face (including thread eyelashes 😊) and even added a heart!  Great work.


Bev Minnerly handed in a small dog bed 


and showed a quilt square she made as a sample to perfect the technique.



Pat Pipa handed in 3 folding fabric boxes for our sale. 



Carolyn Grasso made some Christmas ornaments – 2 sizes Christmas trees

 and some lace ornaments.




Ellen Hein handed in a baby quilt for me to quilt 



and showed 2 quilts she finished the binding on.




I made this one by adding borders to a panel and quilting it with my embroidery machine.


I think Anne Knoff made this one.




I showed the Christmas placemats I made from last week’s pattern.

__

Next week Mic will bring back the sale items so we can put price tag s on each item.  The smaller items will go in separate boxes with the price on the box.  The rest of the meeting will be free sew.  If there is anything you want me to bring (wrap n zap, stuffing, specific size squares, etc.) please email me by next Tuesday. 

FYI, the only supplies stored in the closet are :

3.5” squares

Big blocks

Buttons

Zippers

Zipper bag fabric

Toy patterns

Freezer Paper

A bag of bags, incase you want to bring any supplies home to work on.

 

That’s all for now.  See you next week.

 

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment