Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Club Notes - September 20, 2023

We had 14 members attend today, including a new member, Candy Dodge, and 2 members who have been away (Deb Chapman and Eileen DiSanto). This is the time of year when the snowbirds start to return, so I’m looking forward to seeing some other friends return over the next few weeks.

Show and Tell

We had a short show and tell list today.


Ceal Pedersen showed the stuffed animals that she painted the faces on this week,




 and a baby quilt.




Diane Placek showed a braid placemat 


and a placemat that turned into a table centerpiece when she used larger triangles.

 

I showed some mug rugs I made from some martini fabric I found on sale.




Today’s demo was on how to make a placemat from a pattern that can be adapted for any season or holiday. I showed some tricks on how to make the half-square triangles and how to trim the resulting square so that the triangles are even.   My version of the pattern is attached to this week's email.

 

Next week I am going to show you how to sew a reverse applique. You can use this technique on mug rugs, placemats, table runners, wall hangings, or anything else you can think of.   I am going to show it on a mug rug to keep it small and simple.

 

See you next week.

 

Lois


No comments:

Post a Comment