Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Club Notes - June 8, 2022

This afternoon our project was to make stuffed toys.  These will mostly go to the Villages hospital Auxiliary.  They give them to distressed children coming into the hospital.   We had ladies cutting, sewing, stuffing, closing, and painting faces.   About 6-8 were finished and several more cut  fabrics were taken home to finish.

 

Today’s announcements:

-          I received an update  from Betty Richter,  her husband is doing better and is now breathing on his own.  She thanked us for the card.

-          I forgot to mention again that the memorial for Mary Kahlow’s husband Les will be at 11AM on Saturday at New Covenant Methodist Church. 

 

Show and Tell:


Pat Pipa showed a pillowcase and 4 finished  rope coasters.  She had been concerned that thewash away stabilizer seemed sticky after being washed off, but reported that they are fine now that they are dried.




Eileen DiSanto finished her folded 3 square purse from the demo a few weeks ago.



New Member Marianne Davis showed a toy giraffe she made.   She will bring the pattern next week.


Donna Rissman showed the Folded Petal purses she finished..



Carolyn Grasso showed a quilt top she finished



Bev Minnerly showed 2 stuffed cats.








Deb Chapman showed the latest row she finished .in her row by row quilt challenge.



I finished 2 Folded Petal purses and a tissue box cover.




Donna Rissman completed the binding on 4 quilts I gave her last week, but I forgot to show them.  Mic helped me get photos of them at the end of the afternoon.  




There were 2 that Ellen Hein handed in






 and one that I made. 





 The 4th one was a row by row that was given to me by someone in our club a few years ago.  I am sorry, but I don’t remember who, so if you recognize it, let me know.  I had put it aside because it is a large quilt with lots of special items sewn on, and I wanted to find the right place to send it.  Now I think it might be one I can give to Ashley’s House next year, so I pulled it out and had it finished.


 

Everyone had so much fun this afternoon that I received a request to continue this project next week.  So, if you don’t have time to work on any of the stuffed toys this week, no worries.  We will continue sewing these next week. I will bring the fiber fill and fabric scraps again.

If you want me to bring anything else, such as cut squares, zipper bag fabric, or anything else, email me before next Wednesday.


Here is a revised project schedule for the next few weeks:

6/8/2022 Stuffed Toys
6/16/2026 Stuffed Toys
6/23/2026 July Candle Mat
6/30/2026 Fabric Square Challenge
7/7/2026 Microwave Baked Potato Zapper, Bowl Cozy
7/14/2026 Summer Pot Luck
7/21/2026 Casserole Carrier - Wrap-Up 
7/28/2026 Fabric Square Challenge


Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment