Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Club Notes - March 30, 2022

 We had a great turnout today for our last temporary winter room meeting– 20 ladies. Next week we will be back in the Hula Lounge room, and to celebrate we will have a pot-luck party with Bingo, as usual. I will bring the plates, plastic ware, napkins, etc., and ice tea. If you can, please bring a dish to share. If you can’t, no worries, there is always plenty of food. Remember to bring 25 pennies, buttons, or anything else that will make your bingo card. 




 We started the meeting a little late. I brought all the curtains for the Sherriff’s Youth Ranch in so we could get a photo. I’m going to submit it to the Daily Sun, so hopefully we will get a little blurb. 

 Show and Tell: 

Since today’s demo was to be how to make chenille rabbits, several members who made them years ago brought theirs in to show.
Pat Pipa

Bev Minnerly
Audrey Philips
 

Brenda Severa



Eileen DiSanto




Pat Pipa showed a Bunny wall hanging she embroidered on her new embroidery machine. 



 Mic Pickard shows a tote bag she made. This is to tote shower needs in a house she will be in with several family members and few bathrooms. 


Donna Rissman showed a pillow she made 

and a quilt she is working on. 




 She also made a butterfly potholder, but wasn’t going to show it so Audrey Philips showed it for her. (Donna thought it was too fat, but we all agreed it was perfect.)





 B.J. Herter made some butterfly potholders 

and showed some fabric weights.



 Bev Minnerly made 2 back packs




 and a bunch of walker bags.

Diane Placek showed a quilt she made for her church prayer group.

 Deb Chapman made a butterfly potholder

and a quilt top.










Liz Manzione made a bowl cozy


a pillowcase

 and a fleece blanket. 

Audrey Philips made a Minion car trash bag for her daughter 

and a butterfly potholder. 
Brenda Severa showed an Easter wall hanging 


and a pillow wrap. 


She also showed a walker bag Kathryn Jeter made. Kathryn has returned north. 


Charlotte Cecilio brought a bunch of Dino toys


and a chenille pillow.

Ceal Pedersen showed a bunch of pillowcases.




and 2 quilt tops.


Betty Richter showed a baby blanket she is working on.


   Ellen Hein brought a bunch of quilts she finished the binding on,

I had several of these panels and turned them into baby quilts.  Ellen showed 3 of these today.





This is another panel I found.











Ellen made this one.











I think this one was designed in a club meeting.


Deb Chapman made this one.

some fleece blankets she made, 



and a bunch of quilt tops she made.


















She also made Easter baskets for her grandkids.
I finished self binding on a quilt Judy Mayer made.





I showed 3 tissue box covers, 


 

a purse I made as a birthday gift for my niece

 (with a gift bag),


 and a chenille quilt I made in 2017.


 I also showed a chenille egg I attempted (even if it is a little lumpy).

 After show and tell I explained how to make the chenille rabbits. I’ve attached the instructions and 2 patterns to the email. I brought a box of flannel for anyone who wanted to try. In addition to the flannel, I brought the big blocks and 4.5 inch squares. Mic brought the fat quarter bins for anyone to use as well.

 See you for our Spring pot-luck party next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment