Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Club Notes - March 2, 2022

We had a full room today, with 18 club members and 3 guests.  I brought 8" and 3.5" squares, along with the "Big Block" box, a bin of larger pieces and a bag of fabric to be sorted,  Mic brought the bins of larger pieces of fabric as well, so there were lots to choose from.

I also brought the fabric we put aside for curtains.  We handed out several fabric sets to be sewn into curtains, and Mic and I cut some more during the meeting.   So much fabric has come in that we have been able to adopt the Boys Unit Cabin as well as the Girls cabin we had been working on.  We need 7 yards of 54" fabric to complete the last 6 windows in that cabin and we are looking at how we might accomplish that.  At Allamanda yesterday I received fabric for several more windows and 6 sets of green curtains that can be used for the smaller windows in each of the 6 camper cabins.  I will give you a complete update on this in a separate email.

I also talked about the possibility of having another fundraising sale in the fall.  Although we did ok at the sale run by the Quilt Guild last fall, there weren't a lot of non-guild members who were aware and coming in to buy.  Brenda told us about another venue where we might be able to do even better.  Instead of waiting until the last minute like we did last year, I suggested that members can take some of our fabric and make things we could sell in addition to the charity items we make.  I will store any potential sale items until the fall sale.  I will also send a separate email reporting what sold well last year and what didn't so we can target our efforts.

Show and Tell:



Bev Minnerly made 3 fidget walker bags.







Judy Mayer made three quilt tops.



Mic Pickard's show and tell was her granddaughter, Dorothy, was visiting while on Spring Break.


Pat Pipa made a bunch of stuffed toys and a zipper bag.



Ellen showed a flannel quilt she made for a friend.



Ceal Pedersen made several pillowcases.

Ceal brought her twin sister Bonnie as a guest and talked about Bonnie's career as the owner of a bridal shop.




Audrey Philips showed several tote bags she embroidered.






Kathryn Jeter showed some pillowcases and placemats she made.







Liz Manzione made some pillowcases and a tote bag.





Deb Chapman showed the placemats she made using the pattern demoed at the last meeting.


 
I showed a quilt that Mary Ellen Boutin made and I quilted this past week. (I wrapped the backing around for the binding.)




I also made a zipper purse and showed a quilt top in progress that actually used my own stash.  I plan to add at least one more border to make it a good twin size before I quilt it.



Laura Tomich stopped in before our meeting to drop off completed pillowcases and some scraps from her church group.  She took a set of fabric for some of the curtains we are making.

Our next meeting will be on March 16th and I will be showing how to make a butterfly potholder.  I will send out a supply list in a separate email.

See you all in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment