Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Club Notes - February 24, 2021

 We had our first meeting at Chatham Recreation center this afternoon and I was very pleased with the turnout.  There were 13 of us today, including one guest.  The room was set up with plenty of room between tables and everyone who brought a machine had easy access to a plug. The staff was very helpful and the only negative I heard was that the lightning wasn't great for close work


Last Saturday Ray and I delivered 27 dog beds to the Humane Society of Lake County.  We also dropped off 31 quilts, 22 pillowcases, 8 drawstring backpacks, and 8 zipper bags to the Shepherd's Lighthouse.

 

Show and Tell:



Pat Pipa completed a fidget walker bag 
 
and showed some baby items she crocheted for Busy Hands.
 
 
 


Eileen DiSanto showed a pillowcase she made.
She also finished a 2nd pillowcase during the afternoon.

Mic took the leftover fabric from the pajamas she made for family members for Christmas and created a throw quilt. 


 She is also making more masks for family members who have gone back to work and need more.



  Ellen showed 2 completed patriotic quilts.  The tops were both made by Judy Mayer, quilted by me, and binding by Ellen.
 These will both be given to Compassionate Care hospice tomorrow.   


Deb Chapman showed a quilt top she completed and handed it.




Mary Ellen Boutin showed a quilt top she completed and handed in.




Jean Piccirillo tried a different approach to using ties to make a tote bag.
 
We were happy to see Audrey Phillips at today's meeting.  She showed a quilt she is creating on her embroidery machine for her latest grandchild. 
 
 She also drew some stick figures representing a family and scanned them into her new embroidery machine.  She plans to add these embroidered figures to the bottom of the baby quilt.



I made another drawstring backpack 
 
and showed a Tiger quilt that I made from a kit my husband gave me for Christmas.

*****************************
During the rest of the afternoon I designed a quilt top and helped Jean design another one. I saw several other ladies select squares from the supplies I brought, so I expect some more quilt tops will come in over the next few weeks. 

We received the names of the 12 kids who will be graduating from the Sheriff's Youth Ranch in May.  Ellen has been working on the duffel bags for them and she said she has at least 10 completed.  We now need to finish 12 twin size quilts for them.  I had a couple of large quilts waiting to be quilted, so we are on our way, but we could use a few more.   I will keep you posted as the number of completed quilts goes up.  We will also give them pillowcases and zip bags.  We have some on hand, but could always use a few more.

Next week we will be back at El Santiago, in the Hula Lounge room.
I will send out a reminder a day or 2 before.   In the meantime, if you want me to bring any specific supplies next week, email me.  Also, if your COVID vaccine status has changed, please let me know this as well.  The percent of club members who have received at least 1 shot of the vaccine remains as 27%, to the best of my knowledge.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment