Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Club Notes - September 30, 2020

We had 8 ladies come out this afternoon for our sewing and social.  I got our room reservation for next year and talked about it.  It was not the same as usual, so I went to Savannah after the meeting to confirm. It seems that the Boggie Creek Bear ladies have only requested the room for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays.  That complicates our winter schedule a bit, but it's good news.  It means we get to meet every week except the 2nd week of Jan, Feb & Mar.  We will have to use the alternate room on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday's of those months, but that's a better schedule than prior years.  They will be sending me the final copy to sign via email.  Don't worry, I will let you know which room to go to in an email each week during the winter.

Show and Tell:


 

Mic Pickard showed the quilt top she and Deb have been working on with the 10" squares.


 

Diane Placek has been working on a bargello quilt and she showed the first completed section.

 

 


Pat Pipa has been making wine glass coasters for her granddaughter's wedding. She has completed 150 of the 200 needed to give as favors at the wedding in December.

Bev Minnerly took a stack of 3.5" squares home last week and came back with some completed 9-patch blocks.  (She needed a few more to finish the quilt pattern, so she and Ceal Pederson spent the rest of the afternoon matching up some more squares.)

She also showed us some of her mask innovations and the pattern for the vertical pleated mask she showed last week.

 

This shows a fabric strap with buttons she made to hook a mask to instead of ears.

 

 

 

 This shows the basic design for the vertical pleated mask.  The rectangle is 6.5" x 9.5". The corners are cut in 3" from each corner. Sew 2-3 layers RST on the 6 seams along the long side, leaving the 2 ends open.  Turn right side out and pleat.

A box pleat is made at the center, and another pleat is made on each side of the box pleat.

Add elastic or ties to both sides and close the open seams.




 

Ceal Pederson took home the blocks she worked on designing last week and came back today with 2 quilt tops.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Ellen Hein made several more Christmas gift bags. 

She also showed the latest 6 quilts that she finished the binding on. 

I don't know what happened, but when I tried to retrieve the pictures Wednesday evening, the last 7 I took were nowhere to be found.  I asked Ellen for a pictures of her bags and laid out the quilts on my bed to retake the pictures.  Now it is Friday evening and I was going to add the new pictures.  For some unknown reason the original 7 pictures that I took Wednesday afternoon magically appeared on my computer.  I am totally baffled, but here they are:








 

 

**************************

Ellen, Mic, Pat and Suzanne brought machines today and were busy sewing some quilt tops. Diane ironed a bunch of dryer sheets that were given to us and added them to the box for future quilt blocks.  Bev and Ceal were busy designing a quilt, and I pinned 4 quilt sandwiches so I can get them quilted this week.  When I left the rec center I found my cart full with 5 dog beds, some completed pillowcases from Laura Tomich, and lots and lots of dog bed scraps that Anne Knoff left.  I filled 2 dog beds when I got home and there is probably enough for 2-3 more.  

I found a cute idea for a Fall mug rug.  Since we are not doing demos yet, I am sending you all this idea in our club email.  This is something easy that you can do at home.  If you take the challenge, either bring the result for show and tell or send me a photo.  Have fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment