Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Club Notes - September 9, 2020

We started this afternoon with a reporter from the Daily Sun visiting.  He asked a lot of questions, took a bunch of pictures, and I think he spent time talking to each of us.  Of course there were only 4 of us there today, so it was easy for him to work his way around the room, seeing what each of us was working on.


I brought in a box of something that looked like pockets that someone never finished and asked for opinions.  We finally decided they were aborted attempts at wine bottle caddies.  Some were glued and all were with home decor fabric, so not salvageable. Mic Pickard spent the afternoon cutting them up and filling a dog bed. Bev Minnerly went through another bag of odd fabric, sorted and ironed the very long pieces so I can get them through my Go-cutter.  Ellen Hein sewed borders on several quilt tops that I brought in and ironed them.  I spent the afternoon pinning 4 quilts.

Show and Tell:

Bev came in with several more drawstring backpacks.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ellen brought in the latest finished quilts in our assembly line.










Ellen took on this challenge.






I had fun designing this around 2 Oriental bird panels.

This is the 2nd one made from 3.5" squares.  Deb Chapman sewed these 9-patch blocks and I added the sashing.


Bev and Dev designed this during one of our afternoon meetings.









Last week I forgot to mention the big bag of zipper bags Ann Knoff left in my car, that her friend Cindy made. There were 33 more bags of various sizes, and I didn't get a chance to inventory them until a few days later.  We now have about 80 zipper bags or totes. They are all beautiful.  Since they are such high quality and the youth Ranch has fewer kids due to their funding cuts, we have been thinking about having a garage sale and donating the proceeds to the ranch to help them out.  We might be able to sell some of the quilts and pillowcases as well.  Maybe even a few stuffed toys since I have been unable to bring them to the hospital. No decision yet but we are looking into it.

That's all for now.  Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment