Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Club Notes - September 2, 2020

 There were 6 of us meeting today.  I spent the afternoon pinning 2 very large and 1 small quilt.  Mic Pickard brought in a bin of donated fabric to be sorted and Deb Chapman helped with that.  Diane Placek brought back a pile of pink 9-patch squares.  Bev Minnerly and Ellen Hein worked with her to add other squares from our stash to complete the quilt design.

The group split into 2 teams and laid out a couple more quilt designs before the end of the afternoon.

Show and Tell:

 

Bev was very busy this week.  She came with several walker bags,

some draw-string back packs,
 

some doll clothes,

and a cute Halloween tote.




 

Diane Placek has been busy making face masks with the plastic inserts for people who need to show their lips for lip readers.

 


 

Ellen made a tote bag to carry the quilts we are working on.  

 

 

 

 

She brought in 4 of the quilts I gave her for binding. 

Three were pink ones that I designed and Diana Gosselin sewed together. 


  This green one was the first result of my request for 9-patch blocks to be sewn out of our stash of 3.5"squares.  Pat Pipa turned in a stack of green 9-patches.  I added the combo green and white components.  

I gave Ellen 8 more quilts to work on and she brought me a stack of quilt tops. 

Laura Tomich left 5 zipper bags and some dog bed stuffing in my cart.

Ann Knoff left several dog beds and a bunch of bags of fabric scraps in my trunk.  I sorted through some of this when I got home and filled 1 very large and 2 regular size dog beds after pulling out a small pile of usable pieces.  

Next week's meeting will continue with a similar agenda. Hope to see you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment