Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Club Notes - Oct 23, 2019

We had a fun afternoon. Today's demo was a review on how to make a fidget walker bag. I saw a number of them being cut out and hope to see some finished ones next week.  If anyone still needs the pattern, let me know and I will send it to you.  

Several members were also making some more stuffed toys for the hospital auxiliary.  When I got home tonight I inventoried the toys that have been turned in over the past few weeks. I filled a large bag to overflowing and I'm hoping to deliver the current batch tomorrow.
There are:
5 bears
8 frogs
14 scrap bunnies
20 dinosaurs
2 other style rabbits

******************
Show and Tell:

Pat Pipa came with a bunch of stuffed animals.

Anne Knoff brought some stuffed dinos

and 2 candy bag purses.  She and Marti found a YouTube on how to make a lined zipper bag and enhanced the candy bag project with this info.  The link to the youtube is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AsfZRYlRM.

She also showed a little snap-bag change purse. Instead of the metal ruler sections we have been using, she found  something called “flex frames” on Amazon.


Donna Rissman showed a Christmas Tree wall hanging collage.


I finished a quilt Carol Thurston made 


and made 2 zipper bags from a practice quilted piece we found in the donation pile.


I also made 9 dinosaurs and 6 scrap bunnies that I forgot to bring.  I’ve included photos of them in the blog so I can include them in this week’s donation.


*************

Next week is our Halloween pot-luck lunch.  Costumes encouraged,  but are optional.  We’ll vote on the best one.   As always, I will supply plates, plastic ware, etc and ice tea.  Bring a dish to share if you can, but come anyway if you can’t. There is always lots of food to go around. Also, please bring 25 pennies or buttons for bingo. We will have lunch, then show and tell as usual, followed by bingo.   Come out and have food and fun.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment