Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Club Notes - Oct. 16, 2019

We had a lot of fun making stuffed toys this afternoon.  Thanks to Ellen Hein for enlarging the scrap bunny pattern and finding ways to improve the instructions, and thanks to Diane Placek for enlarging and improving the dinosaur pattern.  There were 7 scrap rabbits and 2 dino's turned in by the end of the afternoon, in addition to some frogs Mic made over the past week.  Several ladies took fabric home to make more so I expect to see a bunch come back next week. I'm attaching the templates for the 2 toys to my email.


Last Friday and Saturday Ray and I delivered all the dog beds that have accumulated at our house.  There were a total of 48, so we split the bounty and gave half to Marion County Animal Services and the other half to the Humane Society of Lake County.

Last year Sewing 'N More participated in the first showcase of charitable groups in The Villages.  Ellen Hein told us she had a conversation with the woman arranging the event for 2020 and she will let us know the details.

Show and Tell:

 Ellen Hein finished her Candy Corn table topper.




Lu Karatzas showed a pillowcase she made for her brother from an Aborigine design t-shirt. She used the leftover fabric to make a small cloth pouch for him.








B.J. Herter showed several candy zipper bags she completed.



Pat made some more zipper bags for the Youth Ranch kids.



Anne Knoff showed a dress she started a while back and has finally finished.



I showed a quilt that Eillen Navikas gave me to finish.


I enhanced the stuffed bunny pattern we have been trying to use by making it larger and lengthening the ears, and showed the result.


I also finished 2 more draw-string backpacks.


Lastly, I showed a tile scene embroidery project of "The Last Supper" that I have been working on since last February and finally completed.

*************************

On Nov 6th, B.J. will be showing us how to make a fabric collage.

If you wish to try this, save up some small fabric scraps.  You can choose a picture from a coloring book, if you'd like.  I have a bunch of simple line drawing that you can choose from as well.  I scanned them to 2 pdf files.  The files are large, so I will send them in 2 emails.  If you find a design you like you can print it and bring it on Nov 6th when B.J. does the demo.

The week in between is Oct 30th and we will be having our Halloween pot-luck.  Costumes optional but encouraged.  :-))

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment