Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Club Notes - August 30, 2017

There weren't any major announcements today.  I brought lots of donated fabric that needed to be pressed or sorted and several ladies stepped up to the task.  We get so much in each week, it is overwhelming. I keep hoping we can find good use for enough of it to reduce the volume, but it keeps growing.  We can't seem to use it fast enough.  

I misspoke about what next week's project is.  I  guess I'm so concerned with our growing stash I wish the quilt week would come sooner.  I need remember to look at our schedule each week before I say anything.  

Next week Bev Minnerly will demonstrate how to make the pineapple back pack.  This is a fun project.  If you don't have a child in your family to make it for, you can make one for the foster kids in the area, as one of our Christmas donations.  I will send out the supply list in a separate email.

Show and Tell:


Bev Minnerly showed the big stack of doll clothes she made for Giving Dolls.  









Mary Nazgiewicz showed her beagle wall hanging from the row by row shop hop and a fidget quilt.







Shirley Minier made a beautiful quilted jacket.







Nella Rose showed a pillow she decorated with a tangle art she has been saving for the right project.   She also made a little bag for herself using the same technique.





Our newest member, Joanne Sheahan , showed a set of fabric boxes she made in her previous quilting guild.



Marty Rhyne showed a potholder mitt she purchased at the dollar store, took apart, and embroidered with her own choice of Halloween design.



Lu Karatzas completed a patriotic drawstring backpack that her grandson cut out for her.


Diane Placek showed potholders she made for family members she is going to visit.


Eileen Navikas showed a placemat she made using the pattern we use on dryer sheets, only using plain white fabric squares for the backing instead.


Audrey Phillips brought a stack of pillowcases and also showed her experiment with free motion quilting on a small flower printed fabric.












I made 3 snap bags this week, the first to the pattern Linda Parr showed, a second one for my Kindle and a third for my sunglasses.


******************







Donna Rissman demonstrated how to make the woven fabric box.  I am looking forward to seeing these completed projects in future weeks.

Since we have a number of new members, I have attached a new copy of the member directory to this week's email.  If your information is not shown, it means I have not received your permission to share it with the club.  If you would like your info included, or if your information has changed, email me with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment