There were 10 of us today. I put out two bins of fabric pieces. We also received another bag of fabric leftovers. After everyone had a chance to look through it, I added them to the fabric bins. I also spent a little time continuing my effort to organize the 3.5 inch squares.
Next week I won’t be able to lead the meeting. I am having a
trial version of a spinal cord stimulator inserted in my spine on Friday. They will monitor over the next few days to
see if it will work for me and remove it next Wednesday afternoon. This appointment overlaps with our meeting
time.
I polled the ladies
present and found a few who want to come and use room to work on their quilts. So, next week will be an open sew day. Eric will not set up the ironing boards or
bring anything else out, so anyone who comes will be responsible for getting
out any tools or supplies they need and putting them back at the end of the
afternoon.
Show and Tell
Isabella O’Brien showed 2 quilt tops
and some animals she made.
Eileen DiSanto made 3 toy animals
Diane Placek made an oven mitt and a snap bag.
Bev Minnerly made a bear and a cat
Ceal Pedersen showed this week’s stuffed animals.
Everyone was busy as usual for the rest of the afternoon.
Reminder for anyone planning to attend, the Celebration of
Life for Mary Kahlow will begin at 1PM on Saturday, September 26th. The details are attached to my email.
Next Wednesday (Sep 30) will be a free sew afternoon. Save your show and tell for our Oct 7th
meeting.
On Oct 7th, Ceal will give a demonstration on how
to paint the faces on stuffed animals.
Oct. 28th we will have our Halloween
party/pot-luck. Put it on your calendar.
See you in 2 weeks
Lois
No comments:
Post a Comment