Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Club Notes - January 3, 2024

Our first meeting of 2024 included 15 members, including 1 new member, and one guest.  I brought all our 5” squares for everyone to select, plus a box of larger pieces leftover from quilt backings. Ruth Nelson also brought in 2 bags of fabric, both large pieces and scraps, for us to sort through.   There was enough left for me to take home to keep me busy measuring and sorting this weekend. For today’s demo I showed how to make a tote from 5” squares.  You need 19 squares for the outer fabric and another 19 squares for the lining, plus 2 straps.  I’m attaching the pattern. Note that there are a few differences between the pattern and what I talked about.  The instruction talks about adding piping.  I changed the instruction to make piping option 2 and added an option 1 showing the way I do it.

Show and Tell:


Louise Stem showed several pieces of Christmas needlework that she has done over the years.





Carolyn Grasso turned in some 9-patch blocks and showed a parcheesi mat she is making.



Mary Ellen Boutin turned in several zipper bags and finished her first draw-string backpack during the afternoon.



Ruth Nelson showed a Christmas table runner and centerpiece she made.



Ellen Hein turned in a completed flannel quilt.

 



Lisa Stahs-Lorenc sent me pictures of doll clothes she made for her grandchildren to match their Halloween costumes.










Next week we will celebrate the holidays with our winter potluck.  Bring a dish to share if you can.  We will have our usual trivia and bingo games.  Remember to bring 25 pennies or buttons or whatever works to mark your bingo cards.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment