Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Club Notes - January 10, 2024

We had a great turnout for our first pot-luck of 2024.  Nineteen of us enjoyed great food, show and tell, trivia, and Bingo based on life in The Villages.   

Show and Tell:


I started by showing the tote I finished from last week’s demo.


Pat Pipa showed the tote she made.



Brenda Severa showed a Valentine’s wall hanging 


and a quilt top she made from a 3 yd pattern.



Mary Ellen Boutin made 2 backpacks and 2 totes. 

Kathryn Jeter turned in two 9-patch blocks.


B.J. Herter turned in a dinosaur.



Audrey Phillips showed a ginger bread girl ornament and showed a purse she made a few years ago.

 

During the past week I sorted through the fabric that came in last week.  I separated the larger pieces into backing size, small pieces (at least 7”) that are width of fabric, larger pieces, fat quarters, and 2.5” strips. Everything else has been put aside for me to cut into squares. 

I will bring the large and WOF pieces next week for you to look through.  There are 3 large purple blocks and enough purple fabric that could be worked around it to make a quilt, if anyone is interested in playing with that.

I also plan to bring the 9-patch blocks that have been turned in so far so we can try laying them out for a quilt top.

Hope to see you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment