Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Club Notes - Nov 29, 2023

We had a nice group of 14 ladies this afternoon. I brought some fabric and scraps that showed up at Allamanda on Tuesday.  Mic and Anne cut up some of it and some that Anne brought to make some dog bed sleeves.  Several ladies took these home to sew and bring back for us to stuff with scraps.  They also measured some larger pieces for me to place in the backing stash.  Anne and Eileen also helped me sort through the scraps and pull out some usable pieces.

Show and Tell


Ruth Nelson showed a quilt top that she made. It started out small and she added to it until she got to the size she wanted.




Lorraine Manz was busy making catheter bags, walker bags, some pocket hearts, and 2 bears.




Bev Minnerly showed a cat and 2 pillow covers she made.


Ceal Pedersen brought back a big pile of stuffed toys that she painted the faces on and a baby quilt she hand quilted.









B.J. Herter showed a wall hanging she made for her daughter.

Mary Ellen Boutin showed several 9-patch blocks and 2 quilt tops



Diane Placek made a tote bag and a bunch of tissue covers as stocking stuffers.


Mic Pickard talked about the catheter covers that Compassionate Care requested. She found 26 of these in storage at Busy Hands, Happy Hearts and will be donating them.



I put some of the 9-patch blocks that were turned in together with black sashing to make a quilt top. Thanks to Lorraine for pressing the sashing seams for me.





I also showed a fractured fabric art project that I’ve wanted to do for a long time and finally finished.

 

The schedule for the next couple of weeks is going to be very casual.  I know most of you are busy with holiday plans and don’t need extra projects. I invite you each to use our meetings to take a break, sew on your own projects and socialize.  

The 3.5 inch squares are being stored in the rec center closet, so you can take some to make 9-patch blocks if you are looking for something to sew and we still have plenty of pocket hearts ready to sew.  If you want me to bring anything else, let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment