Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Club Notes - October 18, 2023

 There were only 10 of us at this afternoon’s meeting, plus one prospective member.  I brought the Wrap N Zap batting and some larger pieces of fabric from our donation stash.  Mic brought 2 bins of fabric and a box of fiber fill.  We got the box of toy patterns out of the closet so each person could choose the toy they want to make. There were some dinos and cats that appeared, and possibly a whale.   I cut the fabric for a hound dog that we hadn’t tried before and gave it to Mic to sew together.  I don’t think she was happy with my choice.

We talked a little about last week’s craft sale.  In prior years the sale was held in 3 rec centers.  This year they expanded it to 4 rec centers.  I think that most customers could not make it to all the locations and adding a 4th location made that worse.  I suspect that the fact that we were in the northernmost rec center limited our customer traffic even further.  For the QGOTV Craft sale, there is only one location, Savannah.  I’m hoping that increases our odds of selling more.  I will send a separate email about that sale.  I am attaching a copy of the ad that will run in the Daily Sun the week prior to the sale.

 

Show and Tell:


B.J. Herter showed a wall hanging she made for a friend’s wedding anniversary.




Deb Chapman made a Halloween table runner 

and the small version of the pumpkin I showed last week.

Ellen Hein came with 2 bags full of the quilts she added the binding on for us.


I found this panel in our donations added borders, and quilted it.

B.J. Herter handed in this quilt top.


Ellen attempted to use up all her flannel and make this one and the next 3.

These are no-batting quilts that will go to Project S.O.S.








I finished this panel for Honor Flight.



This is a Cinderella leaving the ball panel that I finished. 




Finally, Ellen brought back 11Cornerstone Hospice quilts that she made, I quilted, and she bound.

Each one is unique.













Next week we will take a break for our Halloween potluck.  Costumes are optional but encouraged.  Bring a dish to share if you can.  We will have Show and Tell after lunch, as well as our usual games.   Bring 25 pennies, buttons or anything else you can use to mark your Bingo card.

Have a great week.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment