Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Club Notes - October 11, 2023

 

There were 15 of us at this afternoon’s meeting.  Snowbirds Brenda Severa and Kathryn Jeter have returned, and I think a few more will show up in the next few weeks.

Mic found a couple of bags of sale items she missed bringing in last week, so I will be pricing them tomorrow.

Last week I showed Mic where the Compassionate Care Hospice office is and we dropped off a few items. My niece came to visit over the weekend and I enlisted her help to deliver toys to the hospital. I am waiting until after the 2 sales to deliver anything else.


Today’s demo was on how to make a simple fabric pumpkin. I’ve attached the templates for 3 sizes to my email. I made the largest, which only comes out to about a 7” diameter pumpkin. You need to cut 6 of these shapes to make one pumpkin.   If you want a larger one, it should be easy to enlarge the template. In the middle of the template is a web address. If you go to that address, you will find a link to her YouTube that shows how to make the pumpkin.


Show and Tell:


Bev Minnerly made a walker bag.


Kathryn Jeter showed a witch dangler she made on her embroidery machine.

Ceal Pedersen showed 2 quilts she made with 9-patch squares. 


(I mentioned that I am keeping the 3.5” squares in the closet at El Santiago, so anyone can select squares to make a 9-patch and hand it in.  We have plenty of donated fabric that needs to be put to use.   When we have enough I will put them together to make a charity quilt. )


Diane Placek showed 2 placemats she made.







Ellen Hein showed a quilt top she made.

Ann Knoff made 3 more large tote for our sale.




 


The Villages Craft sale will be happening this Saturday, 9AM-2PM at Savannah, Laurel Manor, Colony, and Rohan.   I have a table at Savannah to sell some of our items to raise money for our charities.  Thank you to Ernestine and Diane for volunteering to help.  Some ladies from Allamanda are coming out to help as well. 

Ceal Pedersen also has a table at Savannah and I believe Brenda Severa’s table is at Rohan. Come and check out all the crafts.

Next  week we will get out our toy patterns and make some fabric toys.

Have a great week.

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment