Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Club Notes - August 2, 2023

Twelve of us came to El Santiago this very hot  afternoon to enjoy the air conditioning, lots of donated fabric,  and good friends.  No demos this week, just fun.   Behind the scenes, I brought 3 partial pool noodles to add to the quilt rollers, so they will now handle pinning a 60 inch wide quilt.

Show and Tell: 


Mic Pickard showed several tote bags she made.  Four of them were sold to a friend before she got them off her sewing table.



Carol Riggs made a couple of tissue holders.


Bev Minnerly made some pillowcases and some trivets.



B.J. Herter made a baby quilt  


and some Halloween placemats.


Ceal Pedersen showed a quilt she made.





Louise Stem made some pillowcases 



and finished a valance for her house.



Carolyn Grasso made a couple of microwave potato bags.


Ernestine Vawter made some pillowcase



Anne Knoff showed a little boy’s quilt top she made and a second one that she made the blocks for but is still in progress.



I showed the Florida Love quilt I made from a kit I got during the All Florida Shop Hop in April.  



I also showed the shop hop tote bag I made from the squares I got from each shop I visited.


+++++++++++++++

Next week will be another free sew week.  I will bring the Wrap N Zap, Insul-Brite, batting scraps, and some of our donated fabric again.  I may also bring some of our 6.5” squares for anyone who wants to make some tissue holders.  I would like to have a bunch of these for sale. Since they are an item we can sell for $1, they might be an easy sell.

 

Hope to see you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment