Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Club Notes - August 16, 2023

 Today I brought the same supplies as last week - a box of miscellaneous donated fabric, our 6.5” squares, some batting scraps, wrap n zap, and insul-brite.  Ceal Pedersen.gave a brief talk on the process of making a quilt, including preparation, seam stitching, top stitching, and seam pressing.

Last week the applications for the QGOTV Fall Craft Sale came out and I submitted a request for 2 tables, along with the check for $20.  Although I haven’t received confirmation yet, we should get the space for the sale. It will be on October 28, 2023 from 9:00am – 2:00pm (setup at 7:30am), at Savannah Recreation Center.

Show and Tell: 


Pat Pipa made a fidget walker bag and a zipper bag..



Charlotte Cecillio made some dinos 


and a stack of Christmas stocking mug rugs.





Carolyn Grasso showed several completed row-by-rows. 

The first is a house wall hanging 


and the other 2 are quilts.





Ceal Pedersen showed 2 cats, a giraffe, 


and 2 quilts.





Ellen Hein made 4 Hospice quilt tops 




and, during the meeting, 

finished the binding on a baby quilt Ann Knoff handed in a few weeks ago.


+++++++++++++++

Thanks to everyone who took some of the fabric home to make things, and to those who sorted through the boxes to see what is useful and what is not.  They found several backing fabrics and separated a pile of fabric we don’t have a use for to send to Goodwill.

I pulled enough pink squares to make a quilt and found a bunch of fish in panels that I can turn into a quilt.  I also cut border fabric for one of my panels, so I went home with 3 quilts to work on 😊

Next week I am going to give you a little challenge.  I will be bringing the 3.5” squares.  The challenge will be to match up sets of 9 squares to make 9-patch blocks.  Once we have enough 9-patch blocks we can turn them into a quilt.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment