Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Club Notes - Feb. 15, 2023

We had 19 members attending this afternoon, including one new member. I brought brown, yellow, orange and white 5” squares, and our box of pre-made blocks and small panels (what I call the big block box). Mic brought some fabric bins and, once again, got some more donations to sort through. Over the past 2 weeks I delivered quilts, pillowcases and totes to the Ocala Domestic Violence Center and 30 dog beds to the Marion Animal Services. Tomorrow, Mic and I will be delivering quilts, totes, and zipper bags to the Pregnancy and Family Support Center in Leesburg. After that we will drive on to the South Lake Animal League to deliver the rest of our current stock of dog beds, probably another 30. Show and Tell:


 Pat Pipa showed some totes she made from some of our fabric squares 


   and a quilt top she made from blocks she found in our donations.   






Deb Chapman showed some place mats 

and 2 quilt tops she made along with her Quilting Bees friends.



 Eileen DiSanto showed some little purses she made to hold cards, money, or other small items. She will give a demo on these in the future. 

Louise Stem turned some blue fabric she found in our donations into a stack of pillow cases. 







 She also showed a valance she made for her previous house that she is adjusting to fit her new home here. 





Brenda Severa showed a baby quilt and a Valentine wall hanging. 



Jean Peters showed some zipper bags she made. 



Bev Minnerly made a walker bag. 









Ceal Pedersen showed a baby quilt and a zipper bag.




 Kathryn Jeter showed a quilt top she made. 












I experimented with 2 eyeglass case patterns on my embroidery machine, 


and made 2 quilt tops using large pieces from our big block box as starting points. I enlarged them using some of our 5” squares for the blue one and strips of fabric from our donations and a little from my stash. 

----------------------------------- 

This week I had planned a demo of how to install zippers in zipper bags. There were several ladies who chipped in with alternative methods. To take away some of the confusion, Anne Knoff set up her machine and showed the steps to those interested. I think I saw Ellen Hein showing a few ladies as well. 
Our next meeting is on March 1st. I have a pattern for making a tote from a placemat and another for making a clutch purse from a placemat. These are both easy (no zippers required 😊). I will bring some of the placemats we have that you can try this on, or, if you have a pretty placemat that you might like to transform, bring it. I will send out a list of the other items needed before the meeting. 
Have a great 2 weeks and I hope to see you at the next meeting. Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment