Monday, November 7, 2022

Club Notes - Nov 2, 2022

 Thanks to Mic for running the meeting in my absence.  And thanks to everyone for the cards, balloons, and good wishes.  We are so fortunate to have such good friends. It looks like it will be at least a few weeks before I can join you again.  I hope you will all continue sewing, creating beauty, and socializing together in my absence.

I don't have notes on what happened at last week's meeting, but Mic did give me the photos. They at the bottom of this note.

This week I sent all our 3.5" squares with Mic.  If you take a bunch of coordinating square, maybe mixed light and dark or with white ones, here are some things you could make:
- 9-patch quilt  blocks
- other combinations to make a quilt top
-16 patch blocks that can be made into tote bags
- 3 by 4 blocks that can be turned into small zipper bags
Use your imagination.
I am attaching some photos that may inspire some of you.

Lois









Mary Ellen Boutin, quilt top


Jean Peters, Shirre rugs


Lorraine Mane, stuffed critters


Brenda Severa, 

Halloween and Thanksgiving Wall Hangings





and 2 quilt tops












I saw a note that Deb Chapman made a patriotic placemat/runner for patriotic dogs, but I didn't receive a photo.  If I get one I will update this.
Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment