Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Club Notes - July 13, 2022

Today we had our summer potluck party. There was plenty of good food and lots of fun.  I gave out sewing trivia questions and most of the questions were pretty easy.  

Yesterday I delivered 2 patriotic quilts to Compassionate Care.  The only other news is that Pat Pipa fell so she was not feeling up to coming today. 

Show and Tell:



While everyone was finishing the trivia I showed 2 sets of microwave bowls and 2 microwave potato bags I made.




Ceal Pedersen showed a bag full of stuffed toys that she painted eyes on.




This dog is not one of our patterns, Ceal made this one.




Deb Chapman showed an apron made by a new friend.  This looks like a great, easy pattern for us to try.




Jean Peters showed the walker bag she has been working on.


Eileen DiSanto made 2 microwave bowls.




Carolyn Grasso showed a stuffed hedgehog that she is working on.

 

 

For the rest of the afternoon we played sewing bingo.  My new bingo card design has the terms unique to each column, just like the numbers are in traditional bingo.  That made it easier to find the terms called and made the bingo games go faster.  Since there were only 10 of us today, it also made it easier to win a prize.  We had lots of fun and everyone liked the new format bingo.

I introduced several types of fabric and types of pre-cuts in the trivia and bingo.  This resulted in some questions, so I am attaching 2 documents to my email, explaining these for your reading pleasure.

Next week I will show everyone how to make a casserole carrier.  I will send the supply list in a separate email. 

We also talked about the fact that there is a box of cut sets of walker bags in the closet, waiting to be sewn.  Several ladies said they would make one so I will bring the box out next week for anyone who would like to try, along with the instructions.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment