Thursday, April 21, 2022

Club Notes - April 20, 2022

Mic stopped by this afternoon to update me on yesterday's meeting.  Attendance was minimal, so the presentation that was planned has been rescheduled for May 25th. Instead, Mic led the attendees in cleaning out the ineffective scissors and other stuff on our shelves. Next week I hope to be back to show you how to make a fabric scrap & thread collector that sits by your sewing machine for easy access.  I always have one by my machines so I only have to empty them into a doggy bed when they get full. Although I don't have show and tell photos this week, I do have some photos to share.  Skip Bryan sent me some pictures of the curtains we made hanging in the ranch cabins, so I will share them on the blog tonight.  Cabin 101 is the boys' unit house and was the cabin we originally committed to.  This cabin is the largest with 15 windows.

 
This is what it looked like before = broken blinds

Cabin 101

Before and after

They definitely appreciate our efforts.
I received an invitation to the Sheriff's Youth Ranch Annual Spring banquet and graduation ceremony as a thank you. Since it is held at Live Oaks at 6pm on May 9th, which is a 2 hour drive from here, I declined.   If anyone else is interested in going and representing our group, let me know.  

That's all I have for this week.  I'll send another note before next Wednesday to remind everyone of the project and required supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment