Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Club Notes - June 9, 2021

We had a great demo by Donna Rissman this afternoon. She showed a different way to approach binding a quilt. I have attached a copy of the directions to my email.


There were 15 of us at the meeting this afternoon. I brought supplies to make patriotic, Halloween and Christmas mug rugs, as well as 3.5 inch squares and a bunch of heavy fabric which I started cutting for walker bag kits.  Several ladies suggested some other items we can sell for under $10 at the October sale.  As I said previously, any money we make will go into our charity supply fund (which is also funded by our 50/50s).  Our biggest expense for our charity efforts is for batting since most everything else is donated.   I can get a 40 yard by 90 inch bolt of cotton batting for just under $300 when it is on sale. 

Show and Tell:


Deb Chapman showed a table runner
 
and some mug rugs she made.



Pat Pipa made 3 sets of mug rugs

and showed a wreath she made at a class at the Allamanda quilt chapter yesterday.

 

 



Diane Placek took over 100 3/5 inch squares from our staff and came with a bow-tie pattern quilt top.



Eileen DiSanto showed the mug rugs she made.



Mic Pickard has been making quilts for Christmas gifts this year, but was concerned about how much room gift boxes would take in her car.  Instead of boxes, she is making personalized gift bags.



Ceal Pedersen made a set of mug rugs

 



 and a dinosaur.



Donna Rissman showed the mug rugs she made, with a suggestion on how to present them for sale.

 

 She also showed a bear she made (for herself) using a dear friend's clothing.


Carol Riggs showed a reversible patriotic bench pillow she made.





 
 

I showed 4 sets of mug rugs I made, 1 patriotic and 3 with Halloween themes.
 
 


Lu Karatzas is leaving for New Hampshire next week, so she surprised me with roses to celebrate our club's 5th anniversary, which we will be celebrating next week.
 
 

Donna finished the binding on 3 of our quilts, but I forgot to show them. 

Deb Chapman made this one using some of our orphan blocks to get the idea started.


 
 
The other 2 were ones I made.

This one started with a stack of maroon/blue/pink 6"x9" rectangles that were donated.  (I still have more of them)  I matched them up with random 4" squares from our stash.

 

The patriotic one was a kit I got on sal at one of our shop hops 2 years ago.



 
*******************


Next week will be our first post-Covid pot-luck party.   I will supply the plates, plastic-ware, napkins, and ice tea.  Please bring a dish of your choice, to be shared, plus 25 pennies or buttons for Bingo.  As always, show and tell is also welcome. Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment