Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Club Notes - June 30, 2021

 We had 15 ladies at this afternoon's meeting, including one new member, Anne Patterson.  She takes the status as the member who comes the furthest for our club, since she is a Chitty Chatty resident.

Last week I made 2 deliveries.  I brought 25 dog beds, a dog crate, a dog carrier, a few toys, and lots of towels to the Marion County Humane Society.  This was the first time I went to this shelter and I was very impressed.  Their parking lot was full of cars and there were several people waiting to adopt.  The staff was very appreciative of our donations.
I also gave 6 patriotic quilts and 2 regular lap quilts to Compassionate Care Hospice.  The regular quilts were extras and we will see if they find a use for them.

On a more serious note, I heard from Carol Riggs this week that her husband, Ken, was in the emergency room at Leesburg Hospital on Tuesday, undergoing tests.  So far, they say he has liver failure.  I will let everyone know when I hear more, but in the meantime, prayers are appreciated.

Show and Tell:
Mic Pickard showed her latest Christmas present quilt 
 
 

 (with some nice embroidery accent on some of the solid blocks.)
 

and the bag it will go in.




Carole Lamb made little patriotic gift bags filled with M&Ms for everyone at today's meeting.


B.J. Herter showed a Christmas table runner she made.



Pat Pipa 
 
 
and 

 
 
 
Audrey Philips 
 
showed the place mats they finished from last week's demo.
 
 

 

Audrey also showed 2 bibs she embroidered for her soon-to-be-born great-grandson.
 
 

Donna Rissman showed a baby quilt she started to make when her grandson was born.  (He just graduated from high school and she is still working on it, so it is probably going to someone else.)




She also showed a lovely art quilt top she made.
 
 
I showed the place mats I finished


 and 4 sets of 3-each hot plates I made for our October sale.
 
 

*************************
 
 
Donna gave today's demo of how to make a project carrier bag.   The material list I sent out last week was for one size bag and had a typo in it.  Donna also has found some ways to improve the pattern, so the directions I had are outdated.  I have typed up a revision based on today's demo and sent it to Donna for verification.  As soon as I hear back from her I will send out the revised instructions.

Next week we will be doing something different.  I will be showing you how to make a fractured art out of 4 pieces of identical fabric.  I will send out more details on how to choose your fabric in a separate email.

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment